This year, ANDAM present a second Award as a support to the first collections.
Yesterday, during the national commission, the Jury has voted for Yiqing Yin as the Winner of the First Collection Award.
"Founded by Nathalie Dufour in 1989, ANDAM (Association Nationale pour le Développement des Arts de la Mode, National Association for the Development of the Fashion Arts) was conceived from the beginning as a structure for recognizing and assisting promising young designers on the French and international fashion scene. At the time, its founding constituted a decisive step forward in the promotion of young talents in a field that had few such mechanisms, especially in comparison with other disciplines such as contemporary art. Awarding a sizeable endowment each year in cooperation with a panel of judges made up of private partners and fashion professionals, ANDAM pursues its goal of bringing together the institutional and private players in this cultural industry, and using their financial backing to promote young fashion designers and their labels."
Past winners include Martin Margiela, Viktor & Rolf, Veronique Leroy, Anne-Valérie Hash, Felipe Oliveira Baptista, Christophe Lemaire, Bruno Pieters, Gareth Pugh, etc...
The 2011 Andam Jury was composed of :
• Pierre Bergé, representing the Pierre Bergé and Yves Saint-Laurent Foundation
• Guillaume Houzé, sponsorship director, representing Galeries Lafayette
• Sophie Delafontaine, creative director, representing the house of Longchamp
• Paul Deneve, president and managing director, Yves Saint-Laurent, representing the Gucci Group
• Delphine Arnault, deputy managing director, Christian Dior, representing LVMH
• Giovanni Pungetti, managing director of Maison Martin Margiela and Viktor & Rolf, representing Only The Brave
• Suzanne Timmins, fashion director, representing Hudson’s Bay Company
• Nadja Swarovski, vice president international communication and creative director, representing Swarovski
• Hilary Alexander, director of the fashion department, The Daily Telegraph
• Emmanuelle Alt, editor in chief, Vogue Paris
• Nathalie Dufour, founder and general director, ANDAM
• Pamela Golbin, head curator, Musée des Arts Décoratifs
• Humberto Leon, co-owner, Opening Ceremony
• Sarah Lerfel, purchasing and creative director, colette
• Virginie Mouzat, deputy editor in chief - Fashion department, Le Figaro
• Nicole Phelps, executive editor, Style.com
• Jean-Jacques Picart, consultant in fashion and luxury products
• Katell Pouliquen, head of fashion department, L’Express Styles
• Clarisse Reille, managing director, DEFI
• Jean-Pierre Simon, director in charge of plastic arts, Ministry of Culture
• Ralph Toledano, consultant
• Valérie Toranian, editorial director, Elle
More info at: www.andam.fr